At Northwind, we are committed to respecting your Privacy. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. Please read on for more detailed information about our Privacy practices.
When you voluntarily provide us with personal information such as name, billing address, and credit card number when registering online, we use the information to fulfill your order. We may forward the information collected to merchant bank for the sole purpose of verifying the information and to submit payment for the services ordered.
Information collected via e-mail will be retained at our discretion in a directly readable form for as long as necessary to complete your request. The e-mail itself may be retained in an archival form indefinitely. At no time is the information provided in the email forwarded, distributed or sold for any reason.
Web server activity logs
Like most web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- the name, domain, and numerical internet address of the "host" computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet;
- the date and time you accessed our site;
- the Internet address of the web page that you came from;
- the page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer;
- the information your web browser software sends as its so-called "User Agent," which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer.
The logs are periodically summarized and analyzed in order to study site usage over time and to perform other studies to help us improve the site's organization, performance, and usefulness.
Retention of collected information
Cookies - Some applications may save a "cookie" on your computer's hard disk to provide a temporary history of actions taken.
Web server activity logs - Monthly extracts of the log files are archived and stored off-line at our discretion for an indefinite period of time. Some statistical summaries derived from these data may be retained online or off-line at our discretion for an indefinite period of time.
Information collected via online surveys may be maintained at our discretion for an indefinite period of time.